Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Switzerland trip a Go!

This blog was written by me last month and for some reason I thought I published it and didn't. So this is old news to most. The trip is definitely on and I am looking forward to it.

I just want everyone to know that the trip to Switzerland is a definite YES! Linda Holiday sensei purchased tickets for her and me. We will be leaving on May 21st, flying into Paris, and returning on June 1st. I want to thank everyone who has donated. We are at about $3,000, which is supposed to be a slightly generous minimum to cover the trip. I understand that there are people who want to still donate and this would probably make things a little easier. So feel free, any of you who still intend to donate. One thing that I want to point out is that I have a cataract in my left eye, which, well not vision threatening, makes vision out of that eye difficult. Unfortunately, my insurance has a $2500 deductible, which I currently cannot afford. So anything donationwise that exceeds the amount of the trip can be used toward the cataract surgery. Nadeau sensei had both eyes done in a way that really improved his vision. He no longer uses glasses. Linda sensei is currently looking for the most economical places to stay, so this is in no way some sort of luxurious vacation. So whatever is donated will go towards something important. And as things develop, I will keep everyone posted here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home